Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Grilled Scallops with Cherry Tomatoes and Zucchini





Ingredients:
1 medium zucchini, cut into bite-sized pieces
3 shishito peppers
2 cups cherry tomatoes (I used Sun Gold)
1 small onion, sliced into quarter moon slices
1 lb large scallops, patted dry
Florida seasoning or lemon pepper
salt

Directions:

Lightly oil a grill pan and heat. Arrange the vegetables in a single layer. Sprinkle with seasoning and grill until the peppers blister and the zucchini is fully cooked. Remove to a bowl and cover.  Add the scallops on the grill, sprinkle with seasoning and cook 1-2 minutes on each side or until cooked through. Serve immediately.


My thoughts:
This is one of those meals that I made from pulling together random stuff I had in the house yet turned out really great. My mother had given me some yellow cherry tomatoes she grew, we had zucchini and I have had these scallops in the freezer forever. They defrosted quickly and grilled up really well! The juices from the vegetables made a light sauce and the whole meal was really flavorful yet made in under 20 minutes. I have really missed grilling this year so I have rediscovered my grill pan (I have this one and it cleans up and grills like a dream) and have been very pleased with the results. It caramelized the ingredients quickly and easily. I still miss grilling outside (go away, rain, humidity and high heat!) but it does help satisfy my cravings a bit.

 photo coconut-sig_zpsb2fb208a.jpg

Post a Comment

0 Comments