My first entry to the vaunted challenge! This year is my first year participating although I've been an observer for the past 3 years or so.
I find that I'm a very slow painter (quality not quantity - at least that's my excuse to myself) and I tend to game only very occasionally so I've gone for what looked like a fairly low points total of 400. Although admittedly that's now looking quite far away, so perhaps I was still overambitious..!
I'm hoping the challenge incentivise me to finish more things and to get back into some blogging.
Anyway enough of the jibber jabber.
My first entry is 4x USMC M1A1s, 5x Russian T-90s and 5x Russian BMP-3s, all in 6mm. All models are from GHQ, were cleanly cast, have stonking detail but were rather pricy. Such is the GHQ lead addicts lot.
They were painted using an airbrush (although I brush painted the M1A1 NATO three-tone), gloss varnish with enamel washes and weathering pigments fixed with mineral spirits. These techniques apply to small scales as well as the larger kits they're usually used on but you do have to adapt them to work.
T-90s
BMPs
M1A1s - for some reason these are a nightmare to photograph.
That's right, a half-painted stormtrooper is riding a Panzer IV hull into battle against the micro-Russian federation.
I think this lot nets me 28 points (2 points for 6mm vehicles x14).
Great first entry Sam - welcome to the Challenge!
Very nice airbrush work on these tiny tanks, which earns you 28 points, meaning you join us in 56th place on the table.














0 Comments