Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

From RayR - Napoleonic Prince Regent's Hussars (48pts)


All work and no play make Ray really pi$$ed off! So this weekend I hit the brush hard, harder than I've done for the whole of the Challenge! Which is why this is only my 3rd entry proper!! I got the little devils painted up for the Rejects Emperor, von Postie himself.


They are the final unit he needed painting up for his Waterloo English Allies, these are The Prince Regents Hussars. Now trying to find any info about these boys was extreeeemly difficult! But I managed to dig this out... They were raised in Luneburg in 1813 as Estorffs Hussars or the Luneberg Hussars in the rebuilt Hanoverian army. But soon became known as the Prince Regents Hussars. They had several uniform changes, the one depicted is the uniform best guessed to have been worn at the time of Waterloo.


The figures are from Essex Miniature, but I'm not sure which models??


From Curt:

Whoa Ray, this is a bit of a change for you, isn't it? I don't think I recall you ever doing Napoleonics before. Nonetheless, these are really beautifully done. Prince Regent's Hussars? How wonderfully oddball. I really like their red pelisse and the brown busbies just top it off nicely. 

I assume from this that Postie is planning a suitably huge Waterloo game this spring. I'll keep an eye out to see what develops on your blog.

Lovely work Ray!

Post a Comment

0 Comments