Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

From PeterB - 6mm Napoleonic Russian Artillery (45 points)

Thanks to everyone who commented on my last post, it's really appreciated.

I completed the light batteries this week.  Again I've done these as 3 model batteries to reflect the fact that they usually contained 12 guns (8 x 6 pdr cannon and 4 howitzers).  That's another 45 points in the bag I think.



Unfortunately, I didn't quite finish the basing on the horse batteries so these will have to wait until next Thursday.  I'm finding the basing on these guns quite time consuming as there is quite a lot of drying time needed between each of the early stages.



On the plus side, I'll have the horse batteries completed tomorrow and can then move onto the cavalry (Dragoons, Cossacks and Hussars).  I'm a bit concerned about painting horses in this scales, but then again I was concerned about painting 6mm figures in general when I first started.



I've also taken quite a few pictures at each stage with these so will try to write up a short tutorial for my blog over the next few days.




From Curt:

Wow! Peter, you are well on your way to creating the Russian artillery park at Borodino at 1:1 scale!  :)

These are excellent. As I mentioned when you debuted your first group, I think your basing is wonderful and well worth the extra effort you've put into them. 

I look forward to seeing the horse artillery next and then the cavalry!

Great job.

Post a Comment

0 Comments