Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

From AnthonyO - Russian Helicopters and more Fallschirmjäger (40 Points)

This week has seen a rather token submission by myself in comparison to the rest of the challenge for two reasons. First I have been working long days in the hot Australian sun and this leads to being really tired of an evening and secondly I am working hard on the next themed challenge. Being pretty advanced along so far points wise I feel that I can spend considerably more time with the themes and do less grind work.

Battlefront MI-24 Hind Helicopters in 1:100 scale - 20 points

These two Hinds have been in the box for the last few months as I found myself playing my Americans in Team Yankee more often than not so they kept being put aside. With some new enthusiasm I put them together, grinding my teeth along the way at the poor design of the blades, and set to painting them. Apart from the blades this is a fantastic plastic kit and takes the paint really well.


I had already painting two so these guys were just adding to my air-mobile ability and strike power and tried to keep to the original paint scheme rather than try something new. These helicopters are so iconic and as I was born in the 70's formed a big part of the bad guys in my adventures growing up. These guys are massive and I have shown a 15mm T72 for scale. For this reason I have requested they be scored at 10 points each (Or whatever you guys decide).


Artizan Miniatures Fallschirmjäger - 28mm - 20 points

I love Artizan Miniatures, they are my go to company for metal 28mm WW2 soldiers and I cant get enough of them. These four were painted just to finish a project and now they are done I can move onto other WW2 projects.



As I said a meager offering to the painting Gods this week but hopefully they will look kindly on me when they see the effort I am gong for the themed round.

Alan and Paul: Lovely stuff Patch! Like you, I grew up with Hinds as an iconic part of the Cold War background, and you have really done a fantastic job on those beasts. Great to see some more Fallschirmjaeger as well, and you have really brought out the character of those lovely Artizan Designs figures. Having just been wrestling with it myself, I applaud the job you have done on their camo! 40 points to you.

PS - Hands up all those who have sat in a Hind Gunship's cockpit? A rather excellent experience :-)

Post a Comment

0 Comments