Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

From Anthony O - Mixing scales of WW2 (130 Points)

This week I have concentrated on WW2 though in two separate scales. The first is a continuance of my British Expeditionary Force (BEF) project for Bolt Action  and the second in the first platoon of a Grenadier Company for FoW4.

Warlord Games Universal Carriers - 1/56 scale - 30 points.

These two carriers are for my BEF force that I am putting together for Bolt Action and come from Warlord Games with crew included. If you are wondering why their skirts may be missing it seems to be a design flaw in the kit and they are impossible to put on. That being said it is otherwise a fine plastic kit. These UC's will provide an armored transport and light support option for my force and are so iconic they are a must have in any British force!




Battlefront Plastic German Grenadiers - 15mm - 66 points

After playing Bolt Action exclusively for almost four years I wanted to paint and play in some different scales. I was fortunate to meet up with an old friend recently who is focused on 15mm WW2 and this got me interested in the FoW miniatures and whilst I would not normally have jumped into FoW with a new version coming out and the promise of streamlined rules I decided to paint up an army in preparation.

These guys are the first platoon in a company made up of three 9 man sections and a 3 man platoon command team. They are going to be themed around Normandy in 1944 and I am hoping to complete the Company during the challenge including vehicle support options.



Nice work Patch!  A mix of scale for different periods of WW2 is a great way to mix it up.  That is a total of 130 points, comprising 70 for those lovely Bren Carriers (2 Vehicles + 4 crew/riders each) and 60 points for your 30 15mm Germans.

Paul & Alan

Post a Comment

0 Comments