Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

From Anne O'L-Warlord British Paratroopers (20 points)

One might expect that my continued interest in painting figures for Operation Market Garden is due to the work of Cornelius Ryan in A Bridge Too Far.  Admittedly, it is his work that introduced me to the historical events that took place in an operation that cost so many lives.  However, it is the work of Geoffrey Powell in his book Men At Arnhem, that has moved me the most and has convinced me that I must see this project through.

Because I have no experience in painting cammo, I chose to first complete three test figures  Although I am not entirely pleased with the results, it is a start and I know I can improve with practice.

Figures are 28mm and are from Warlord Games.



I shall paint a few more advancing figures to work out the bugs in my technique before tackling my PIAT and light mortar teams, the only defense these troops had against the might of German tanks.  

Just prior to the onset of the Challenge, I purchased It Never Snows In September by Robert J. Kershaw.  The demands of the brush and real life interrupted me after reading only the first chapter.  Come March 21st I shall pick the book back up and will likely go on a shopping spree for German figures.  Please pity my husband as I have also developed an interest in Frostgrave and have the first figure on the painting table now.

These three figures net me 15 points.  Plus a few for the overall impact.
Wow you have done it again Anne, vibrant paint work on dulled down camo.  These are just fantastic, as usual.  I am particularly impresses with the shading in the creases of the trousers, and of course the iconic red beret.  Great overall impact combined with great fin e detail work, what more can I say?  Please ma'am, I want some more?


Post a Comment

0 Comments