Warlord 28mm Plastic Romans are my first submission to this most illustrious of Painting Challenges this time round.
Three Auxiliary and one Veteran Legionnaire. I have been building and painting an Early Imperial Roman army for a long time but I am in no hurry to complete it. I have around ten more Legionnaires remaining that will get completed during this challenge. Until now though, a box of Auxiliary on foot had not been touched and to get back in the painting saddle I got these completed.
All figures used the Army Painter strong shade from a can but applied with a brush for better control instead of dipped. The shields on the 3 Auxiliary I actually completed before the challenge a long while back so perhaps a deduction for that. All shields have decals but the Oval ones are clear except the graphics. Means you can decide the background colour which is good.
Cheers and enjoy your painting.
From Curt:Wonderful figures Brendon! I'm puzzling through a few Romans myself and I really should take some pointers from your fine efforts here. The 'Strong Tone' worked very nicely with these fellows and I can tell you used a bit of restraint in its application as their flesh doesn't look jaundiced like some Army Painter forces. Also, I find with Romans it often comes down to their shields, and yours certainly don't disappoint. Hand-painted shields are great, but with these detailed, symmetrical designs it really is nice to know that there are some great transfers to help you out. You've done a great job.

0 Comments