As much as I liked having all the girls over, it was nice yesterday to just do my own thing. I got a lot accomplished - half of a customer quilt done - no picture - you will see it when it is complete. AND I finished another block and FOUR little blocks for the exchange. Since it is a secret - can't post that picture either.
But to provide you some pictures today, I am going back to my vacation pictures. Saskatchewan's slogan on their license plates is "Land of the Living Skies". From these pictures you can see exactly why that is their slogan.
 |
| Who said Saskatchewan was FLAT???? This is Buffalo Pound Lake in Qu'Appelle Valley. |
 |
| Starting up the other side of the valley - lake is behind us. |
This is a spectacular valley. You are driving along - no hills and then all of a sudden, the ground drops away. Amazing!!!!! Apparently the Mountain Biking in Buffalo Pound Park Provincial Park is home to some of the toughest trails around because of the short, steep elevations.
 |
| Now you would think this was a sun rise or perhaps a sun set. NOPE - the sun was setting BEHIND me when I took this picture. Not sure what was going on, but it looked pretty cool. |
 |
| Spectacular clouds |
 |
| Rainbow |
 |
| So much rain, that many sloughs have over flowed onto THE ROAD in many locations. We saw many makeshift damns along the side of the roads to keep the water back. |
 |
| The North Saskatchewan River Valley |
 |
| Looking opposite direction - The North Saskatchewan River Valley |
 |
| They even have SIGNS for the hills!!!! |
 |
| STORM clouds. I was just about at my parents place - I'm thinking - do I want to arrive in a storm???? They did get hit with a tornado a couple of years ago. |
 |
| Cloud burst!!! |
 |
| Hard to see in the picture, but the wind was blowing so hard and it was COLD. The temperature dropped very quickly. |
Anyway - many people say that it is a boring province to drive through, but I disagree. You need to LOOK and you will see much to look at. OK - if the sky is clear, perhaps it will get boring!
Must get back to work, got lots to do and I am making good progress so don't want to put a stop to that momentum.
Have a great day!!!! (I'll have quilting stuff tomorrow)
Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
0 Comments